Clear all

Name that Tool!?

Reputable Member
Joined: 16 years ago
Posts: 254
Topic starter  

This homemade tool has been in my shop for a little while. Came with a 108 project, but I don't know what its for. The slots are not equal length. Any ideas?

IMG 0828


Prominent Member
Joined: 16 years ago
Posts: 765

It may be a modified or adapted jack tool.  Depends on the OD and the depth of the shallow slot.  The handle may just be to accomodate the jack that the designer had. 

The normal jack tool just inserts in the hollow axle and protrudes out far enough to get a jack under it.

But, maybe it is something else.  Maybe a tool to help remove impulse mag couplings on non-Franklin engines.

Larry Wheelock

Larry Wheelock, A&P/IAStinson 108 N584LW 180 LycTexas in Winter; Indiana in Summer