Notifications
Clear all

-3 fuel tanks in a straight, 108. Exploring the possibility

18 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@dcn6102m)
Reputable Member

@rjpustellgmail-com Thanks for that tip, Bob.  I seem to spend more time hunting for dropped screws, nuts, and washers than whatever task I am engaged in.  Also looking for tools that I was just using 30 minutes ago ☹ 

Posted : 02/08/2020 8:42 pm
Bob
 Bob
(@rjpustellgmail-com)
Eminent Member

@dcn6102m Dennis, I said I was done with this thread but I guess I lied............

Several times I mentioned number four machine screws and nuts. It's been a while since I did that work so I might be remembering wrong, it may be number six. They are small, anyhow, and maddening to work with under the panel. Just make sure to drill and tap holes appropriate to the machine screws you use.

Unless things have changed in the last short while, the ACK kit does not include the machine screws and nuts to mount the instrument panel mounted control panel for the ELT. I presume that to be they don't know what type of material and at what thickness you are mounting the control panel in - you could have a thin metal panel, a thick wooden panel, fiberglass, all sorts of things. Since the panel control unit is black it is logical to use black headed screws. I found good ones in the gunsmithing section of my local hardware store (yes, I live deep enough into hill country that the hardware store has a gunsmith supply section). Anyhow, you get to find your own mounting screws for that little panel. Once you get your screws you will know what size hole to drill and tap in order to screw the screws into the retaining plate.

Bob and Pat and the two Stinsons

Posted : 03/08/2020 12:37 am
(@dcn6102m)
Reputable Member

@rjpustellgmail-com Thanks for that info, Bob.  Doesn't matter what size screws; I manage to drop them anyway, since I'm all thumbs.   We have plenty of gun shops near me, even though our current governor and state legislature are doing their darndest to abridge our 2A rights, so I can get my hands on those little black screws.  Also, I have some black oxide instrument screws in my hardware cache.

Posted : 03/08/2020 4:31 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: